Open 10:30–5:00, Tuesday – Saturday
Presented within the context of Nano Reid ADAMANTINE, join American-born artist Jo Baer who has also been inspired by the landscape of the Boyne Valley.
Baer arrived in Ireland in 1975 where she became chatelaine of the unheated 37-room Smarmore Castle in County Louth. Until her departure in 1982, she furthered her move away from abstraction and towards the complex transhistorical stories that needed telling through realistic painting. A Neolithic Hurlstone on the castle desmesne ‘thrown there by giants’ according to locals, became the departure point for her painting series completed several decades later (2009–13) that explores rich intercultural connections.
The series receives a homecoming at Highlanes Gallery (30 April – 22 June 2022) in its first Irish presentation, for Drogheda Arts Festival and the annual Bealtaine Festival.
Before an interview with Baer and Q&A, Amsterdam-based writer Janine Armin introduces the works and the artist’s illuminations around the remarkable transition to private enclosures in the Neolithic period that engender contemporary life.
Book your Zoom Spot through Eventbrite below:
Studio Visit: Up Close in the Land of the Giants with Jo Baer
IMPORTANT: When booking, please note your Zoom Link will be available through your confirmation email as well as your reminder email 2-days prior. Clicking the View the Event button will bring you to the Eventbrite Page where you can Join the Zoom Call. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive it in your main email box.
• One ticket need only be purchased per household/screen
• A maximum of 60 screens/attendees/families may be admitted to the Session.
• Zoom Meetings are recorded for archival & sometimes publishing (via our Youtube channel)
Zoom Guidelines & Settings
• The required ZOOM link will be sent to all attendees via Eventbrite and accessed through the View the Event button through both Confirmation Email & 2-Day Reminder Email before the event starts.
• If email from Eventbrite is not shown in your main email list, please make sure to check your Junk/Clutter/Spam/etc folder as this will have View the Event button in order to join through Eventbrite.
• As further protection, each unique link will be accompanied with a password only for those intending to participate, and sent to the email used to book through Eventbrite
• ZOOM’s ‘Waiting Room’ feature has been enabled, allowing the host to check and admit attendees to the session. Please make sure your ZOOM username/profile name matches that which was used to book through Eventbrite
• Use of Social Media Accounts to sign into the ZOOM meeting have been disabled to protect privacy of attendees
• File Sharing has been disabled
• ZOOM’s Chat Save function will be disabled
• ZOOM’s Private Chat function will be enabled