Open 10:30–5:00, Tuesday – Saturday
This November, banish the dark winter thoughts and join us on Wednesday mornings for tea, coffee, and connection for a spectacular five-week course presented by Community Historian and Historical Researcher, Brendan Matthew, looking at the history of Drogheda.
In the relaxed atmosphere using primary source material including maps, documents, artefacts, etc. this course will take place on Wednesday mornings, from November 1st to November 29th, from 11.30am to 12.30pm.
Participants will be taken through the History of Drogheda from the earliest settlers along the Banks of the Boyne over the five-weeks.
• November 1st: Pre-History. The First people to have settled here more than five-thousand-years-ago.
• November 8th: Early Christian Period. 5th to 11th century, what life was like along the Boyne Valley.
• November 15th: The foundation & development of Drogheda Town 12th to 16th century.
• November 22nd: Ireland`s Bloodiest Century & its aftermath: 17th to 19th century, implications for Drogheda.
• November 29th: A thriving & progressive Town, Economical, Political & Social lives 19th to 21st century.
The aim of this five-week course is to introduce participants to the built and natural history and heritage pertaining to the town of Drogheda and its surrounds, with the objective of creating an awareness and a better understanding of the value and significance of Drogheda`s storied past.
This course is suitable for all ages, tickets are priced at €15 per Lecture or €50 for all five.