Drogheda from the Railway Station 1849 is a view of Drogheda five years after the opening of the Dublin-Drogheda railway line in 1844, and shows the south side of the River Boyne before the construction of the Boyne Viaduct in 1855 and some of the industrial buildings on the Marsh Road, including the former St Mary's Mill.
An oil painting depicting a 19th century landscape. On the far left foreground is a building with several people sitting against it on a raised earthen bank. Two are women and each is holding a child. In the middle-ground two horses with riders can be seen. In the right background a chimney stacks can be seen with smoke and a town (Drogheda) stretching across the entire middle-ground.